Faded Paper Figures have been on the music scene for the last eight years. Their music has appeared in television,film, commercials and video games over the years.
1. Who are you and what do you do?
We are Faded Paper Figures, and we make music. Individually, Kael works in LA at a music production company, Heather is a doctor at UCLA, and John is a professor of English at Yale University.
2. What's your favorite instrument to use?
We love all kinds of synths and guitars.
3. How did Faded Paper Figures get started?
We met at a party in Irvine, CA, back in 2007.
4. How did Faded Paper Figures come up with the sound of the band?
It evolved fairly organically from the equipment we had when we got started. The variety of sounds evolved as we got access to more instruments and software.
5. Are there any songs that are your favorites? If so are there any stories behind them?
Every song has a story, and we love them all individually. But there are some more special to us than others (and we each have our favorites). San Narciso is probably one that we all like.
6. What are some artists you look up to musically?
Radiohead, Morrissey, Depeche Mode, New Order, and hundreds more!
7. Any fun road stories?
Well, not as much "fun" as crazy. We quite often find ourselves trying to do unreasonable things on the road, like driving from a show in San Francisco to a show in Portland in less than 24 hours.
8. What's next for the band? Working on an album? Going on tour soon?
Yes, a new EP is in the works, and even more on that on the way. But a grand tour is not really feasible for us right now.
1. If you were stranded on an abandoned island that had fresh water and animals what five things would you bring?
Books, instruments, clothing, shelter, and a helicopter.
2. If you could meet any musician living or dead who would it be?
3. If you got to be the DJ for a party what songs would you have to play besides your own music?
All the favorites we listed above, plus Late Night Alumni (they're family).